Friday, September 30, 2011

Apple "Pizza" and Some Quiet Time

Shhhhhh...do you hear that? Oh yeah, that's the sound of a house with no hubby and no kids. So peaceful, I can actually hear the t.v. (The People's Court, actually - it's my guilty pleasure. I watch it sometimes and think, really...Who would think it's okay to leave your stuff in an apartment for 6 months after you move out and think they would just hold it for you? I'm really amazed).
Anyway, now that I have some quiet time (during which I should be grading papers, writing lesson plans, blah, blah, blah), I decided to share the snack we made today. We call them apple pizzas and the kids really think they're great. Best of all, they are really easy to make. Now, before I begin, let me say that I took pictures of each step for you and they were beautiful. But, I was using a borrowed camera and when I went to load the pictures, I kept getting a message that "the device malfunctioned" and they would not download. I had another (borrowed) camera, but the batteries were dead in that one. Yeah, I know...you're saying, "Duh, Kristy...switch the batteries!" but, in my Friday afternoon haze, that didn't occur to me until after the last apple pizza was eaten. So, alas, no pictures. But I'm sure that you guys are great at creating mental images, so here you go!
You'll need canned biscuits, apples, cinnamon sugar and butter. Have each child flatten his/her biscuit. Then, add diced apples and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on them. Put a little bit of butter on top and put them in a toaster oven until the biscuits turn golden brown. Apples aren't really my favorite, but these really aren't bad. I really wish I had pictures for you, sorry! I should be able to get my new camera next payday - I can't wait!
Enjoy your weekend and don't forget to link up at our Welcome Fall Linky Party for extra entries in our giveaway!



1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea! Sounds yummy! We made applesauce today and filled the school with that delicious smell of cinnamon and apples. =) I'm enjoying a quiet night at home myself! Enjoy!
    Rebecca
    Teachingfirst-abc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete