Friday, September 23, 2011

Scarecrow pictures

Ok, ok, so I know I'm a little late with these, but if you only knew the camera issues I've had lately...Anyway, here are the cute scarecrows we made to send to our penpals in Kansas. They were so cute, we made another set to hang in the hallway!

I love to make these not only because it gives the kids practice tracing a cutting, but because each child gets to choose the colors he/she wants for the clothes so they can customize their scarecrow (and some of them do a little extra customizing as you can see!).  I do have the tracing patterns for the pieces. I scanned them in using my scanner and I'm not too sure about how to load them on here, but if you'd like them, I can email them to you.  Just leave a comment with your email address and I'll send them to you.  Don't forget to link up your fall activities (see below).  This is my first time hosting a linky party and it's sort of bombing.  If you expert bloggers have any tips for me, let me know!  Check back soon for a yummy apple recipe!





10 comments:

  1. Hi Kristy,

    I love your scarecrows. They turned out cute. Could I have copy of the pattern pieces? Thanks for sharing.

    Anna
    repsisan@dist102.k12.il.us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are SO adorable. My school seems so anti seasonal :( it's all about data data data. I love looking at other people's blogs, lets me know teaching is still fun somewhere out there.
    Good luck with your linky. I have no clue how to do that, and my creativity juices don't flow very much yet to create or recycle an idea to make it my own

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scarecrows! Could you send the pattern to me? :o) Thanks so much! erlyne.osburn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a new follower! Love your scarecrows! :) Can I have a copy? :)
    Cheryl
    cener(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  5. I teach K....do you think they could handle the scarecrows? They are adorable! smskdg@hotmail.com I just came upon your blog. Thanks for sharing all your great ideas...& with so much personality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to all of my new followers! I hope you can find some stuff to use in your classroom. As for the kinders being able to handle the scarecrows, it just depends on their fine motor skills. If you think they can't handle the tracing, just copy the pieces on construction paper and let them cut them out. If their cutting skills are not great, cut the pieces out and let them choose the colors and just glue them together. If you left your email address or emailed me directly, your patterns are on their way!
    =0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please send a copy of the scarecrow pattern. Thanks Mrs. Gray


    ngray@kirkgray.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your scarecrows are the cutest! Please send me a copy :)
    jrobins@sacredheartpratt.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your scarecrows. Could you send me a copy of the pattern. Thanks.
    frahmgb@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your scarecrows are way too cute. Could I please have the pattern for them? bmfitts@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete