Friday, January 20, 2012

From a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day to a Wonderful, Terrific Very Good Day

So I went to school today just like any other day.  Everything was normal until about 8:00 when all of a sudden, the power goes out.  Now, I'm thinking, "No day can be good that begins with a power outage 15 minutes before the kids come." One thing you need to know about me - I do EVERYTHING on the Smartboard (okay, maybe not everything, but you get the point), so I'm freaking out.  So the kids come in and they are as you would expect them to be - all crazy and riled up, and I'm thinking, "This is going to be one of THOSE days!"  We carried on for about an hour until the lights finally came on.  As you could guess, this threw my lesson plans all out of whack, so we were trying to cram in our reading test and spelling test in the short amount of time we had left before specials. 

Now, my hubby and I had plans tonight to go out to dinner ('cause the kids are going to spend the night at Grandma's) at Red Lobster.  We don't get to do this very often, so I was really excited.  Through the whole "no power hour", I kept reminding myself, "date night, date night, date night...".  Luckily, the kids were able to get back into our routine pretty quickly and the day started to get better.

At the end of the day, my hubby sent me a message that said, "Take the kids to moms as soon as you can, then come home and pack an overnight bag.  We have dinner reservations at one of your favorite place at 8:45."  Say what????  Now, my hubby is sweet and I love him, but he is not one of the most romantic people I know, so this was totally a surprise.  So I guess my lesson plans and grocery shopping and studying will have to wait until tomorrow evening - I'm on my way to dinner at the Pink House in Savannah!  See - a wonderful, terrific, very good day!

Hope you have a wonderful, terrific, very good weekend!

1 comment: