Monday, August 29, 2011

New (School) Year's Resolutions

Back in July (which seems so long ago..), Clutter Free Classroom had a linky party for New (School) Year's Resolutions. I thought it might be fun for all of you who made resolutions (and have gone back to school) to see how they were coming along.
My resolutions were:
1. to be more organized - Although I do have some things lying around my room where they don't belong, my room is still 1,000 times better than it has been in the past. And, my closet is still perfectly clean and organized!!!!
2. to leave by 4:30 each day - on this one...well...okay, you caught me - it's been more like 5:00. But I haven't stayed past 5 (I promise)!
3. implement workstations in reading and math - we've been in school for 3 weeks now, and although the kids still need a few reminders every now and then, we are doing reading and math workstations. I've been really pleased with how my math stations are going. Today, for example, I was able to have 2 kids doing a review on the computer and worked with a couple of kids on counting and addition while the others worked on math stations. It was really great and I'm looking forward to really being able to target and personalize my math instruction.
4. to have fun with my students - I've been really blessed with the class I have this year. They are a sweet bunch and really try hard to do their best. I know we're gonna have a blast!

So let me know - how are you doing with your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment