Monday, August 15, 2011

Classroom Pictures - FINALLY!!!

Well, my classroom is FINALLY finished (good thing, 'cause open house is in...ohhh...2 hours)!!!!  The little cuties will be here for the first day tomorrow.  When I look at pictures of my classroom before the kids come, I always think, "This year, it's gonna stay like that"!  I really mean it this time, though...really...I do!  Check it out and let me know what you think:
View from the front door
theme books
leveled books
reading area and restroom
class mailboxes
computers
cubbies
view toward math area
smartboard
Our homework spot (found this idea blogsurfing and can't remember where - if it's yours, please let me know so I can give you credit!)
class jobs board (yep, made the gumball machine myself - not bad, huh!)
our behavior board
our giving tree - parents choose an item from the tree they would like to donate. I have die cut leaves they can write their item on so they don't forget!
We're going to try bucket filling this year.  Found these at Target after Easter for 25 cents each!
our word wall
our class workstations board - kids' names will go on the squares and their workstation choices will go next to them
view of student tables from back corner of room
view from back door
another view from back door (That's my small group table.  Yep, it's got a hole in it.  No, the hole is not centered.  Yep, it drives me crazy!)

view toward the front door

Now, those of you who know me are probably thinking, "Looks good, but I bet she shoved everything in her closet."  Last year, you would have been absolutely right!  Not this year.  And to prove it:
See - lots of stuff, but all neatly organized!  I didn't even shove it behind the door:
Aren't y'all just so proud of me!!!!  Leave me some comments, please and let me know whatcha think!  Now, to get through open house...then, dinner with the teamies!



1 comment: