Ok, so I've been super super busy getting ready for school (as we all have). This is the first year in 15 years that I did not do ANY teacher stuff ALL summer! Usually, I'm back in the classroom mid-July getting things ready (we come back mid-August). But not this year. I made myself stay away from anything school related (other than blog stalking and pinterest) until August.
So I figured that the best way to get back into the swing of things would be to join up with this teacher week linky.
Let's see...10 fun things about me...hmmmm:
1. I am a procrastinator (hence the Meet the Teacher Monday on Tuesday - need I say more?).
2. Thursday will be my 15 year wedding anniversary. This summer we took a family trip to Biltmore Estate which is where hubby and I went on our honeymoon. I'll show you some pics, but you have to promise not to laugh at my white legs:
3. I HATE to cook, but I love to bake. My hubby makes fun of me because I also happen to collect cookbooks. I love to find yummy recipes in them that I would love someone else to make for me.
4. Some of you are really going to freak out at this next one - I am 38 years old and just started wearing makeup this summer. Yep, this summer, as in 2013. Never really had any desire to wear it before, plus I never really had the extra money to spend on it.
5. I have lived in Florida for 15 years (moved here from Ohio) and have never gone to the beach. Nope, never. I hate sand in my shoes or on my feet and I burn in like 2 minutes flat, so the beach is really not my favorite place.
6. I LOVE old black and white movies and tv shows. No bad language, no violence, no disrespectful kids...those were the good ole days!
7. My hubby is in a Christian band called Rightly Divided. They haven't hit it big yet, but they are working on getting their first cd together.
8. I have a Texas sized sweet tooth. I try to find things that are lower calorie/fat, but still sweet and yummy. Some of my favorites are
These are to die for!!! So yummy and only 130 calories for a pack.
These are good for breakfast:
And my new obsession:
I could definitely eat these as dessert after every meal (yep, even breakfast). They are REALLY good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. I know, I know, that sort of defeats the 90 calorie thing, but when the heat index is 105 degrees, well - it's just perfect!
9. I traveled to Europe while in high school. I've been to Paris, Switzerland, Germany, and Austria. My favorite was Austria - it was sooo beautiful!
10. My original college major was not education. For the first year or so in college I was a dual major in International Affairs and French. I love to travel and I thought I would like to be a translator.
I've loved reading all about you guys! Sorry I'm a day late. Come back tomorrow for a tour of my room!