Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday Made It - Behavior Bingo Board made easy

Ok, so I've been watching you guys make amazing things all summer and wishing I was more creative and crafty.  They say necessity is the mother of invention.  This year, I discovered that was true when I sat down to create a behavior bingo board. 

I've seen so many cute, creative, and wonderful bingo boards out there and I thought it might be neat to create one that could change monthly.  I wanted to make 6 rows and a different monthly/seasonal word  or pictures across the top.  So, I gathered my butcher paper, marker, and a yardstick ('cause I can't draw a straight line to save my life.  Seriously, sometimes I can't even make it straight with a ruler!).  After like a million years, I ended up with this:
 The kids will earn small sticky notes if they get to move their clip to blue, purple, or pink on our clip chart.  They will earn one for blue and purple, and 2 for pink.  At the end of the week, I will pick a letter and a number from the chart which will tell us which square is the winner.  Good idea, but folks, I'm not measuring all of that out to make a new chart each month.  Uh uh  - no way!

So instead, I found an old calendar, taped these round dot accents over the days of the week
and added the letters and the numbers.  Here's what I have for September.
Now, all I have to do each month is change out the letters/pictures at the top and voila!  I'm done!    How's that for crafty and creative?  Do me a favor, though.  If people have already thought of this and if it's all over the web, don't tell me.  Just let me keep thinking I came up with it myself, ok?  Thanks!  Y'all are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment