Friday, August 31, 2012

Mad Scientist Monday (on Friday)

I finally remembered to bring my camera home!  Here are some pics of the experiment we did on our first Mad Scientist Monday:

We started by making an hypothesis about what would happen to the food coloring/milk if we dipped a dry q-tip, a wet q-tip, and a q-tip soaked with dish soap into it. 

First, the dry q-tip - this one made no difference.
 Then a wet one (a little color mixing).

Then we dipped the one with the dish soap and the colors went crazy!
The kids thought this was beyond cool!!!
I also made the kids a science journal where they could record their learning.  There were some things I need to tweak, so hopefully I'll be able to post the science journal stuff here.  Have a great long weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment