Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ahhhh!  Thanksgiving vacation...sleeping 'til 8, catching up on blog stalking, and planning.  Oh, yeah, I can't forget spending time with my Mama (who is visiting from Kentucky), Thanksgiving dinner, and SHOPPING!  For those of you who still have to work this week, I'm sorry. 

I thought I would share what we've been doing the last couple of weeks.  We've been learning about Pilgrims and the first Thanksgiving.  Scholastic has awesome resources for teaching about this topic.  Visit The First Thanksgiving on Scholastic and check it out!  We also read these books:
Sarah Morton's Day: A Day in the Life of a Pilgrim Girl - Thanksgiving Books for Kids
These books are great for teaching about the daily life of pilgrim boys and girls.  I haven't seen this one, but I've heard it's good, so I may have to check it out:

On the Mayflower - Thanksgiving Books for Kids
After reading the books about the pilgrim boys and girls, we venn life then and now.  Finally, we write about whether we would or would not like to be a pilgrim.  My plan was to take really cute pictures and post them here, but this has been the year of camera issues.  This summer I ran over my camera (yeah, you heard me right) and although the camera is still functional, I can't see what I'm taking a picture of.  So, I have to take the picture and then download and if it's not right, then take another one and download and...you get the picture (no pun intended).  Now, however, I cannot find the cord which I need to download the pictures.  So, no cute pictures for you!  I have been lucky enough this year to have a great mom with a great camera who lets me use it whenever I need it.  I just didn't think to take the pictures before we left for Thanksgiving vacation.  Oops!  So you'll just have to picture the cute Pilgrim writings hanging on the wall.  I promise to do better in December (hopefully Santa will bring me a camera for Christmas!).
Happy Thanksgiving All!



No comments:

Post a Comment