Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Christmas Plans Begin...

Since we're off this week, I'm hoping to get all of my plans for the month of December done. We only have about 3 weeks, and I'd like to have it all done by the time we get back. As I go through my files, I'll be making some gaes to use in our math and literacy centers. One of the things I want to work on this month in math is patterns. I really thought my kids were doing well with patterns, until I gave them some M&M's to make patterns with. I don't know if they just rushed through it or (because it was the week before Thanksgiving) they just didn't care, but apparently, we need some review. I found these Christmas clipart pictures on an old Mailbox sheet.
Christmas Patterns


I'm going to print out a set to color and laminate to use with my small groups. After we work on making the patterns together, I will put the pictures in a center and allow the students to make their own patterns.  I'm planning on copying the recording sheet front to back and giving the kids a sheet of pictures they can color, cut apart, and glue on the recording sheet to show their patterns.  I hope this is something you can use.  Check back for some more Christmas ideas/activities coming soon!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Kristy. I'm going to let mine do some to review as well. Maybe I'll work with the strong ones to develop some complicated patterns.

    ReplyDelete