Saturday, May 3, 2014

Spring has Sprung!

Spring has definitely sprung here in Florida (although today is cool and rainy), and it's about to spring up in our classroom.  We are beginning our unit on plants this week.  Usually with this unit, I buy small pots or cups for the kiddos to plant seeds in.  We plant flower seeds and most of them get to take home a small flower after a couple of weeks.  This year, I thought it might be nicer to plant some flowers outside our classroom and brighten up our campus.  Hopefully the kids have a greener thumb than I do!  I know the kids will be super excited to get outside and plant the seeds and since they get so crazy as we get close to the end of the year, I might be able to use tending the garden as a reward for those who have good behavior.  I'll be sure to post some pictures next week once we plant our flowers.  Until then, I made this KWL chart to kick off our study.  You can find it on Google docs here or in my Teachers Pay Teachers shop here:
 
I hope this is something you can use!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment