Saturday, May 31, 2014

So Close...

Congrats to you guys who have already started your summer!  Only 2 and a half days left for us! I think I can, I think I can... Actually, these last few days are just fun days. Monday we have movie day and a math bee in the afternoon, Tuesday is Game Day (kids bring board games from home and we play all morning - well, they play while I clean up, lol) and Water Day, then the half day on Wednesday is just a clean up and get ready for summer day. I just finished my report cards and I've got the gifts ready for my son's teachers. I always try to find an unusual or personal gift for the teachers. This year, I made A to Z baskets for each teacher (he has 2). I started buying little items for the baskets a couple of weeks ago and I'm really pleased with how they turned out:
I got the idea from Pinterest (where else?)!  Here are the things I used for each letter:
A - apple
B - banana
C - homemade cookies
D - diet coke
E - eye shadow
F - folders
G - granola bar
H - Hershey bar
I - index cards
J - juice
K - kleenex
L - lotion
M - M&M's
N - nail polish
O - orange
P - post-its
Q - Quaker cereal bar
R - rainbow pencils
S - Skittles
T - Tic Tacs
U - University bumper sticker (for their favorite college team)
V - votive candle
W - spring water
X - Extra gum
Y - yellow highlighters
Z - "zigzag" (chevron) mini notebook

These were a lot of fun to put together.  I just put all the objects in a $1 summer colored bowl from Wal-Mart.  I had some alphabet stickers that I used to put on each item.  

The next time I post, I'll be free for the summer!

1 comment: