Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014 Will Be the Best Year Yet!

I absolutely believe that 2014 will be the best year yet!  I'm starting by putting my goals for the year in writing and linking up with Ashley over at Just Reed for this linky:



This linky party will be going on for 6 weeks.  Each week has a different focus.  This week the focus is our spiritual goals.  I recently took over the position of Director of Women's Ministries at my church, so this one is really near and dear to  my heart.  Here are my spiritual goals for 2014:

1.  Take more time each day to spend in God's Word and in prayer with Him.  I often let the day to day craziness take my quiet time.  I have found that when this happens, my day doesn't go quiet as well. 

2.  Let my words and actions be a witness to others.  I have to admit that one of the things I struggle with on a daily basis is a short temper. Usually, it comes out at the end of a long day toward my kids.  And, I hate to admit it, but sometimes, it even comes out in the classroom.  I have to remember that for some of my kids, I may be the only example of a godly adult they will see.  My goal for this year is to remember this fact and let God take control when things begin to upset me.

3.  Not be so afraid to witness and share God's good news with others.  I don't know why I sometimes let opportunities to share God's word just pass me by.  Satan uses fear to stop us.  This year, I want to take every opportunity to witness.

4.  Let the Holy Spirit guide me.  Too often, I try to take control of situations and solve them myself without praying and asking God to guide my decisions.  This year, I want to stop and take the time to seek God's will in every area of my life.

5.  Finally, I want to stop and give thanks to God for all His blessings.  In December of 2012, the Lord laid on my heart to start what I call a Thankfulness Challenge.  Each day of 2013, I posted on Facebook something that I was thankful for.  Some days, it was REALLY hard, others - REALLY easy!  But all in all, it helped me stop and see just how much God does for me on a daily basis.  I'm continuing this challenge again for 2014.  If you'd like to join with me, you can like my 365 Day Thankfulness Challenge page on Facebook by clicking the link above.

Thanks for taking the time to read these goals.  Hopefully, putting them in writing each week will help to keep me more accountable.  Jump over to Just Reed and link up.  I can't wait to see what your goals for 2014 are!

2 comments:

  1. Love these goals!! Thx for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your goal to be a better witness and not let fear stop us. There have been plenty of times I should have shared the Gospel, but didn't because of fear. Thanks for reminding me to push forward.

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete