Friday, October 4, 2013

My First Five for Friday!!


 First of all, let me apologize for being so absent lately.  Am I the only one who's having a crazy busy year?  I feel like I'm just keeping my head above water here.  I'm going to try to be better about blogging though - we'll see...

Yeah!!! I'm so excited to be able to link up for my first Five for Friday post.  I've been reading everybody else's posts for a while now, but I never think about taking pictures on a Friday until I'm sitting in front of my computer Friday night and by then it's too late!  Luckily, I thought about it this morning, so now I can join the party!

1

This week, we've been studying apples.  We read stories about Johnny Appleseed, worked on labeling an apple tree and an apple, did an experiment with apples, and even did some math work with apples.  I had the kids bring in apples, so we could use real apples for all of our activities and they had a blast!

2


We also had a little quiz today.  Labeling the apple was part of it.  The kids did a really great job!  Especially since this happened right in the middle of our quiz:

3

 
Yeah, we've had a leak in the roof for about a year and a half.  They said they fixed it right after it happened, but I don't thik it was totally fixed as there were still little water spots on the ceiling tiles.  They had replaced some of the tiles, but left one or two out and just left a little hole in the ceiling.  So they come today right in the middle of our test!  Seriously??  But hey, it's (hopefully) fixed now - especially since there's a tropical storm churning out there that should impact our weather at the start of next week. 

4

 Our afternoon was just as crazy (but a little more fun).  We all gathered along the fence line and the kids were super excited for...

5 (and more)
our town's first homecoming parade in 20 years!  We live in a small town and our Jr./Sr. High School is right across the street from our elementary school, so we are all just one big happy family.  There were:

football players
 marching band
 cheerleaders
 and homecoming court
It was nice to see some of my former students as cheerleaders, volleyball players, homecoming court, etc.  I don't know why they stopped having the homecoming parade for so many years (that was before my time, lol), but it was lots of fun and the kids really enjoyed it, so I hope they continue the tradition. 


No comments:

Post a Comment