Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Almost there...


We have 1 and a half days left until Christmas vacation.  About 1:00 this afternoon, I told the teacher across the hall from me, "Ok, I'm done!  I'm officially not teaching anymore until Christmas vacation!"  The kids are soooo super excited about Christmas, it's just not gonna happen, lol!  So, we're going to finish our Christmas Story book, maybe watch some classic Christmas videos and just party!  How about you?  Are you going all the way to Friday or are you out already?

On another note, Christmas came early to me today.  I found out last week that I was awarded a grant that I had applied for through our local education association.  Back in October, I had written 2 grants for $500 each - one for interactive whiteboard activities from Lakeshore and one for downloadable centers (mostly from Doodle Bugs Teaching and Deanna Jump) .  They stated that applicants could apply for more than one grant, but only one would be funded. I just figured I had a better chance of getting one funded if I wrote both of them.  When they told me I was funded for $500, they didn't tell me which grant was funded.  So today I get a call from our bookkeeper who told me that she got the check but there was a problem with it.  They had written it for $1500 instead of $1000.  I told her she was wrong and forwarded her the email I had received that said I was funded for $500.  She called the education association and they told her they had some extra money so they decided just to fund both of the grants!!!  YEAH!  So, I get to start the new year with cool things like these:



Space Sort! Interactive Word Games - Complete Set

Mastering Math Interactive Games Library - Gr. 1-3

And, of course, tons and tons of activities from Teachers Pay Teachers.  Seriously, I know most of you know Deanna Jump, but you have to check out Doodle Bugs Teaching.  Her stuff is awesome too!

On Thursday, we'll be making graham cracker gingerbread houses at our Christmas party.  Now, I've never tried these, so wish me luck (and any tips you have would be GREATLY appreciated)!  Check back Thursday for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment