Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Favorite Season

I am soooo ready for fall.  It is absolutely my favorite season.  I love the cooler weather, the beautiful fall colors, and the holidays.  Now that I live in Florida, I don't get to see all of the beautiful fall colors (well, actually I do get to see some, but not usually until November or so), and as for the cooler weather, we've still got a while until that comes.  So, we have to create our own "fall" atmosphere by cranking down the a/c and we have to make our own fall colors.  We are getting ready to write to our wonderful penpals in Kansas so we decided to send them a beautiful fall picture.  I got the idea from Pinterest (where else?).



It was super easy.  The kids draw and color a tree trunk and branches, then I had them LIGHTLY draw a circle (which helps them see where to put their "leaves").  We then used Q-tips to dot fall leaves onto our trees.  Once the top of their trees were all filled in, I let them make a pile of leaves on the ground by their trees.  They ended up looking great and now we have some fall color in our room (until we mail them off to our penpals, lol)! 
How do you get your classroom ready for fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment