Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Review, A Kite, and a Freebie

So a while ago, I posted about a rainbow compound word activity that we did. I didn't have my pictures at the time, so here are a couple of pics:

I actually used a pattern from The Mailbox magazine to make them originally.  The kids had a lot of fun with this station.
I also wanted to share a picture of the adorable Dr. Seuss characters we made from one of the Dr. Seuss units I won in a giveaway:

Finally, I found these cute long I knights on Little Priorities:
I loved this idea, but the story in our reading series that introduces the long I sound is The Kite.  Soooo, I made a kite that the kids can write long I words on.  My thought was that you could have them do like a read the room activity where you hang long I words around the room and the kids will "fly" around the room and record the long I words they find.  If you want to extend the activity, you could add kite bows and have them write a sentence on each bow using the words they found.  Anyway, it's not fancy, but here's the kite I made:

I know it looks sort of blah, but I'm thinking if you copied them on colored or scrapbook paper, they would be really cute.  Let me know what you think!

2 comments: