Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Hug, An Award, and An Easter Egg Hunt

Hey everybody,
   Sorry I haven't been in the blogging world lately, but things have been CRAZY lately.  I haven't had time to write lesson plans breathe, let alone blog surf or post.  I really miss you guys and I'm hoping to get back on track soon.  How do the kids seem to know when you're really not feeling like yourself?  I was having a little bit of a rough day the other day when one of my little sweeties came up and wrapped her arms around me and just squeezed (so tightly it was hard to breathe).  She said, "I love you, Mrs. Spradlin!"  That came at just the right time.  Today, one of them brought me a box of chocolates.  When I asked him why, he said, "Just because".  I really want to loop up to 2nd with them.  Maybe I'll ask my principal tomorrow...

   I did notice that Rebecca from Teaching First blessed me with a Lovely Blog award.
The rules for this award are to:
1. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award.
2. Pass the award on to 15 other lovely bloggers.
3. Follow the person who sent it to you.
So now to pass it on...

And now, on to the Easter Egg Hunt...my kids have been having a great time in our reading and writing the room center.  I've found a lot of you that have been posting read/write the room freebies lately.  So, as we near the Easter/spring season, I was thinking - how much fun would it be to combine read/write the room with an Easter egg hunt.  I'm thinkin' put sight words or math problems in the egg and then hide them around the room.  Give the kids a recording sheet and have them record what they find in the egg with their answers.  Hmmm...maybe I'll start working on that.  Check back soon to see what I come up with.  Any requests or suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Aww, thank you!! You are the best!!
    You made my night!!
    Jennifer

    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have been on a blogging hiatus but I will make sure and blog about you!!

    Thanks,


    Jena
    1st Grade with Miss Snowden

    ReplyDelete