Monday, October 17, 2011

Creepy, Crawly Spiders

Ok guys, I have to admit it - I HATE SPIDERS!!!!  I mean really, really hate...even sitting here thinking about them makes my skin crawl.   Yuck!  But...it IS October, and Rebecca over a Teaching First (great name, huh?) DID make the cutest spider pack so...we did a spider mini-unit last week.  I used soooo much from Rebecca's spider pack (which I was lucky enough to win), I don't think this unit would have been half as much fun.  We did spider math, read spider books, wrote reports on spiders, and even made the cutest spider headbands.  Here's a pic of my sweet firsties wearing their spider hats (they had been wearing them all day, so they're a little droopy):

and, of course, they had to take a picture with their scary spider faces:

Aren't firsties just so funny?

Just to see how much they learned, I made up a short quiz on some of the things we discussed throughout the week.  Feel free to grab this quiz here:

Spiders Quiz

If you want to have some spider fun in your classroom, check out Rebecca's  Itsy Bitsy Spider pack on her blog.  Here's the link:  Teaching First Itsy Bitsy Spider Pack


1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! Thanks so much for the shout out about my Spider packet! I am so glad you had so much fun using it! I love your little assessment! I'm going to have to use that! ;)
    Thanks again!

    Rebecca
    Teaching First

    ReplyDelete