Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bunny Fact Families

When I teach fact families to my students, we begin by discussing families. I teach them that just like they have a family, math facts can belong to a family too. Each fact family has a mommy, a daddy, and a baby. The baby is the smallest number, the mommy is the middle number, and the daddy is the largest number. This seems to help the kids visualize the fact that the three numbers work together to make number sentences. To celebrate spring and Easter, I'm including a few pages of bunny fact families for you to use in your classroom. This download includes 8 fact families and a recording sheet. Just copy and cut out the bunnies, then have kids move them around to show each number sentence. If you'd like me to send you the word document so you can change the numbers to create your own fact families, just leave your email. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment