Monday, July 28, 2014

Dollar Store Challenge Part 1

Our teachers don't start back until next week, but here's what it looks like outside school right now:

 Yep, teachers' cars lined up and down the street.  We're all here getting ready now! Is it like that in your neck of the woods too?  Anyway... I made a trip to Target the other day.  I had been seeing all of the great stuff you guys were buying and I had to go check it out.  When I was there, I found some really cute things.  I was planning to do my room in Carson-Dellosa's boho birds this year, but finding all this stuff at the dollar spot got me thinking.  Could I make a really cute room using only the stuff I had left over from previous years or things that were $2 or less?  There have been years that have been really tight on money, so I thought it might be fun this year to do a Dollar Store Challenge. 

The challenge was to not purchase any decorations that were more than $2.  I shopped at Dollar Tree and Target a lot.  I also found a lot of things that other teachers were giving away for free.  I don't know how it is at your school, but here it's like Christmas this time of year.  Teachers who are changing their room themes for the year very often just set stuff out for others to take if they want it.  So, I went shopping in the hallway.  I'll give you a little preview of some of the stuff I got:

I thought it might be fun to post pictures as I get everything set up and ready for the year.  Check back to see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment