Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Making Games and Saving the Environment

Ok, so how many of you out there have some old phonics worksheets like these:



Oh, come on - you know you have some.  You know - the worksheets from like 1963 that are so old the outline of the pictures is purple from the old drum copy machines (why do we hang on to stuff for so long?).  Well, I finally figured out what to do with them all.  I wanted to make a game for my kids to play next week in our reading centers.  I wanted them to sort pictures by vowel sounds, so I needed to create the pieces for them to sort.  Rather than search all over or buy some clip art to use, I just recycled the pictures from the worksheets.  I simply cut the pictures out, glued them onto some apple pieces and voila - a new game for our reading centers (sorry - I forgot one to take a picture of the finished game.  You'll have to wait until my next post to see it in action.  Just one of those days, 'ya know?).


  So there you have it - a great place to find clip art and it's good for the enviroment, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment